Five Questions for Tony Abbott: What Will He Cut?
With yet another reckless spending proposal from Tony Abbott leaked today, senior Liberal frontbenchers continue to refuse to rule out cutting support for families and business.
Tony Abbott is on the record as saying that a Liberal Government would scrap the assistance packages associated with the carbon price and Minerals Resource Rent Tax.
So now there are five questions that Australian families and businesses want Tony Abbott to answer:
- Will he rule out cutting the age pension?
- Will he rule out unwinding the tripling of the tax-free threshold?
- Will he rule out cutting Family Tax Benefits?
- Will he rule out removing the instant asset write-off for small business?
- Will he rule out scrapping the increase superannuation guarantee from 9 to 12 per cent by 2020?
Tony Abbott needs to come clean with the Australian people about what assistance he would cut to fill his massive budget black hole.
14 February 2013